The procedure in carrying out a typical residential valuation involves:
- Receiving instructions and establishing the purpose of the valuation.
- Obtaining a current Certificate of Title.
- Checking the Town Planning and zoning controls (Resource Management).
- Checking the location including surrounding amenities and facilities.
- Carrying out appropriate sales research.
- Inspecting the property, noting construction, quality of fit-out, condition and calculating floor areas.
- Inspecting and making comparisons with sales of other properties in the surrounding locality.
- Assessing the valuation and preparing a written report.
Our standard turn around time for a valuation is between three to four working days from the time of instruction until you receive the report. This time frame is dependent on our Valuers being able to gain access to the property in a timely manner.
For those urgent assignments a shorter time frame may be negotiated directly with the Valuer concerned.
Valuation reports are generally emailed to the client and/or nominated parties (as a pdf file) on completion.